SARPA DOSHA (AFFLICTION CREATED BY SNAKE PLANETS RAHU-KETU)
Unfavorable Placement of Rahu-Ketu Disrupting Personality, Partnerships, Family & Finances
Vedic Remedies to Mitigate Affliction and Receive Serpentine Blessings
What is Sarpa Dosha?
Sarpa Dosha, also called Naga Dosha, occurs when a serpent has been hurt or killed by the native in the previous birth. Rahu is the head, and Ketu is the tail of the Sarpa (serpent). Sarpa Dosha has no specific time limit. It is a malefic Dosha and indicates that the individual afflicted by this Dosha may have engaged in acts of violence against snakes in his previous life. He could have mistreated them or killed them in his past life.
How Cosmic Alignment Creates Sarpa Dosha
Sarpa Dosha or Naga Dosha is formed in the horoscope when Rahu is in the 2nd house and Ketu is in the 8th house, or when Rahu is placed in the 1st house and Ketu is in the 7th house from the Ascendant or the Moon sign.
Sarpa Dosha is formed in every sixth horoscope. Rahu and Ketu are always placed at a distance of 180 degrees. They are placed seven houses apart from each other.
How Sarpa Dosha Can Impact an Individual
An individual afflicted by Sarpa Dosha is destined to face many struggles. According to Vedic astrology texts, Sarpa Dosha can
- Bring frequent health issues
- Reduce the lifespan
- Create psychological problems
- Lead to unhappy marriage leading to separation
- Cause instability on the professional front
- Bring financial losses
- Spoil the reputation of the native
- Adversely impact personality and overall wellbeing
Home Remedies for Sarpa Dosha
- Chant Panchakshari Mantra- Om Namah Shivaya, at least 108 times daily
- Chant the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra at least 108 times daily
- Offer Tarpanam to ancestors on every Amavasya (New Moon), if possible
- Offer milk to Snake Gods on Saturdays and especially on Naga Panchami day
- Donate a snake idol made of silver at any Shiva Powerspot on a Saturday or Naga Panchami day
- Chant the Beeja Mantra of Rahu-Ketu ‘Om Sri Rahave Namaha, Om Sri Ketave Namaha’ 108 times daily
- Chant Hanuman Chalisa whenever possible.
Homa Recommended to Remedy Sarpa Dosha
Our Expert Vedic astrologers have prescribed unique remedies, including targeted Fire Labs/ Poojas. These remedial rituals are customized and performed on your behalf at particular power times that can help mitigate the adverse effects of the Doshas in your life.
Grand Uragaraja Maha Mantra Homa (Alleviate Snake Afflictions Fire Lab)
A powerful remedy to mitigate Snake Afflictions, this Fire Lab can help enjoy peace in the family and bestow prosperity.
Sudharshana Homa (Divine Weapon of Vishnu Blessings Fire Lab)
This Fire Lab invoking Sudharshana, the divine weapon of Vishnu, can eliminate unforeseen dangers and promote healing and rejuvenation.
AstroVed’s Dosha Remedial Programs
The planetary system influences our lives. At our birth, our planetary positions indicate and determine our life. Further on, their movements also shape and impact our lives. Dosha is derived from Sanskrit, meaning physical disorders. In Vedic Astrology, the planets in our natal chart are not in a favorable position and may overrule the positive aspects in the horoscope and create problems and hurdles in a native’s life. These remedies can help mitigate the adverse impact of the Doshas.