PURNARPOO DOSHA (SATURN-MOON AFFLICTION)
Unfavorable Conjunction/Association of Saturn and Moon Brings Challenges
Vedic Remedies to Mitigate Affliction and Boost Willpower and Abundance
What is Punarpoo Dosha?
Punarpoo Dosha is a deep affliction created by the association or conjunction of the Karma planet Saturn and Queen planet Moon. This Dosha holds great significance in a native’s birth chart since this Dosha can delay or deny blessings and make the native face a lot of challenges in life. The Dosha becomes intense if the combination of Saturn and Moon happens in the 7th house, representing spouse, partnerships, marriage, and contracts in the birth chart.
How Cosmic Alignment Creates Punarpoo Dosha
Punarpoo Dosha occurs due to the association of planets of contradicting nature (Saturn and the Moon) or both planets sharing the same sign in the birth chart. In Vedic astrology, Saturn is a slow-moving planet in Vedic astrology that represents karma, delay, hard work, discipline, and responsibility. Likewise, the fast-moving Moon represents emotions, psyche, mother, family, and home.
Based on the degree of association, when the Moon shares the sign with Saturn, the Moon’s traits will be acquired by Saturn, and vice versa. The affliction caused by these two opposing energies might also cause fear, anxiety, restlessness, and unstable thoughts and bring last-minute challenges and troubled relationships.
Combinations of the Moon and Saturn Creating Punarpoo Dosha
- Moon and Saturn sharing a sign in the birth chart
- Moon and Saturn casting their 7th aspect on each other
- Saturn casting its 3rd or 10th aspect on the Moon
- Debilitated Moon (Moon in Scorpio) receiving Saturn’s aspect
- When Saturn is placed in Cancer, ruled by the Moon, or Moon is placed in the signs Capricorn or Aquarius, ruled by Saturn
- Moon in the stars ruled by Saturn (Pushya, Anuradha, and Uttarabhadra) or Saturn in the stars ruled by the Moon (Rohini, Hasta, and Shravana)
How Punarpoo Dosha Can Impact You
Natives suffering from the Punarpoo Dosha in their birth chart may face the following challenges.
- Face a lot of restrictions and slowness
- Being a victim of procrastination and over-sensitivity
- Experience broken engagement
- Postponement of marriage or calling off the marriage
- Challenges at the eleventh hour of the marriage
- Misplacement of trust
- Troubled married life
- Lack of proper cooperation and understanding
- Frequent disagreements
How to Reduce the Impact of Punarpoo Dosha
Home Remedies for Punarpoo Dosha
- Fast on Mondays and Saturdays for a year
- Fast, especially on Purnima (Full Moon) and Amavasya (No Moon) days
- Visit a Hanuman temple on Saturdays
- Chant Sri Suktam (Hymn in Praise of Lakshmi) regularly
- Chant Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra 108 times daily or at least on all Mondays
- Chant Shani mantra Om Mandaya Namaha 108 times daily
- Meditate daily and practice Pranayama (breathing techniques)
- Donate milk to mothers, children, poor people, and physically challenged
- If possible, consume food from a silver plate
- Donate curd rice on Saturdays for a year
Homa Recommended to Remedy Punarpoo Dosha
Chandra Homa (Moon Blessings Fire Lab)
Invoking the blessings of the Moon can help balance your emotions and give clear thoughts. It can also reduce the adverse effects of a poorly placed Moon in the birth chart and mitigate the negative impact of afflictions.
Saturn Homa (Saturn Blessings Fire Lab)
Invoking the blessings of the karmic planet Saturn in the Fire Lab can help harness his blessings to minimize Dosha’s problems, avoid delays and denials and bring discipline and responsibility.
Aikyamatya Suktam Homa (Relationship Blessings Fire Lab)
Aikyamatya Suktam is a Vedic hymn that can bring a sense of understanding, oneness, and cooperation. Performing this Fire Lab can improve marital harmony, unite estranged and separated couples and enhance cordial relations with business partners.
AstroVed’s Dosha Remedial Programs
Our lives are significantly influenced by the planets and stars, which also reflect our past life karma. They have a significant impact on what happens to us in this life. Their placement in the natal chart (horoscope) can predict both the good and bad events in our lives right from day one when we are born into this world. Planetary transits also impact how we live, but the planetary placements at birth are more important.
According to Vedic Astrology, a native, when born with an unfavorable planetary combination in the birth chart, suffers from the affliction caused by Dosha. The placements of unfavorable planetary conjunction in any of the twelve houses in the birth chart have the potential to overpower advantageous combinations present in the chart. Therefore, a native should find out if there are any Doshas in the birth chart and perform remedies to mitigate its impact.