GAND MOOL DOSHA (AFFLICTION IMPACTING MERCURY AND KETU STAR BORN)
Unfavorable Moon-Star Combination Disturbs Harmony and Wealth
Vedic Remedies to Mitigate Affliction and Bring Stability
What is Gand Mool Dosha?
Gand Mool Dosha occurs when the Moon is present in any of the six Gand Mool Nakshatras at the time of birth. The Dosha is formed in a horoscope when the Moon is placed in the following constellations: Ashwini, Ashlesha, Magha, Jyeshta, Moola, or Revati, collectively called the Gand Mool Nakshatras. In Vedic Astrology, the Gand Mool Nakshatras are considered inauspicious, and this affliction becomes strong when other vital planets in the birth chart also become malefic.
How Cosmic Alignment Creates Gand Mool Dosha
The Gand Mool Nakshatras Ashwini, Ashlesha, Magha, Jyeshta, Moola, and Revati are ruled by the planets Mercury and Ketu.
The Moon takes around one day to transit a Nakshatra. As the Moon transits from one Nakshatra to the other, at one point, the Moon will be partly placed in one Nakshatra and partly in the other. Gand Mool Dosha will be present in the natal chart if the Moon is placed in any of the four Padas (Divisions) of these Nakshatras at the time of birth.
How Gand Mool Dosha Can Impact You
A native-born in the Gand Mool Nakshatra can face frequent problems in life. Their parents, siblings, and relatives may as well be affected due to this affliction. Such natives may create issues in the family and face obstacles during important endeavors in life. Having this Dosha (Affliction) in the birth chart can cause
- Problems with parents and siblings
- Danger to relatives in both father’s and mother’s families
- Endangerment to domestic animals and cattle
- Loss of wealth
- Dissatisfaction and troubles in the family
How to Reduce the Impact of Gand Mool Dosha
Home Remedies for Gand Mool Dosha
- Chant the mantra of Mercury and Moon if the Moon is in Mercury-ruled stars- Ashlesha, Jyeshta, and Revati. The Moon’s mantra ‘Om Sri Somaaya Namaha’ is to be chanted 108 times, and the mantra of Mercury ‘Om Sri Budhyaaya Namaha’ or ‘Om Bum Budhaaya Namaha’ is to be chanted 108 times.
- Chant the mantra of Ketu and Moon in case the Moon is in Ketu-ruled stars- Ashwini, Magha, and Moola.
- Wear green-colored clothes on Mondays and Wednesdays if the Moon is in Mercury Star.
- Wear brown or grey-colored clothes on Mondays and Wednesdays if the Moon is in Ketu Star.
- Consume spinach more often, and feed spinach and grass to cows in a Goshala (Cow Shelter) on Mondays if possible.
- Refrain from seeking pleasures and focus on Wednesdays and Mondays’ spiritual pursuits if the Moon is in Ketu Star.
- Also chant mantras for Ganesha daily, ‘Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha’ 108 times daily if the Moon is in Gand Moola Nakshatras.
Homa Recommended to Remedy Gand Mool Dosha
Planetary Fire Labs
Budha Soma Homa (Mercury-Moon Blessings Fire Lab)
Budha, the planet Mercury is an auspicious planet. It is Buddhi Karaka, the significator of intellect and can indicate scholarship, communication skills, and eloquence. It also stands for mind power, career path, and also striving for excellence.
Ketu Soma Homa (Ketu-Moon Blessings Fire Lab)
Ketu is a shadow planet that doesn’t have a physical existence. Being a nodal planet, it functions more as a representative of the overlord of the sign of its placement and can provide results accordingly. Ketu is regarded as Gnyana Karaka, the significator of divine wisdom, and can lead a person towards spirituality.
Deity Fire Labs
Maha Ganapati Homa (Supreme Ganesha Blessings Fire Lab)
Ganesha is regarded as the ‘God of new beginnings,’ and almost all new endeavors are commenced with the Ganapati Homa to seek his blessings. By chanting the Ganesha Atharvashirsha during the Maha Ganapati Homa, you can gain the grace and blessings of Ganesha. Whenever you start a new venture or work, this homa can be conducted to remove all blocks and grant success.
Rudra Homa (Rudra Blessings Fire Lab)
Rudra Fire Lab- This Fire Lab is targeted to pacify and propitiate the nine planets, in order to increase their positive influence and neutralize the negative influence, and also to bring you spiritual empowerment and worldly pleasures.
Ayush Homa (Longevity and Wellbeing Fire Lab)
Ayush Homa is performed to invoke the blessings of the archetype Ayur Devata, who can bestow you with longevity, good health, and grant relief from mental trauma. The ritual is recommended for those who are suffering from severe health ailments.
AstroVed’s Dosha Remedial Programs
Our lives are influenced by the placement of celestial bodies at birth and their transit movement. Their position at the date and time of our birth plays a vital role besides their transit placement. Planets carry cosmic energy, and they are reflective of karmic bondage too.
Dosha occurs when a native has some unfavorable planetary placement or association on their birth chart (horoscope). According to Vedic Astrology, the positioning of the malefic planets in any of the twelve houses in the natal chart can override or overcome the good positives the horoscope may have. This tends to harm the native’s life and not allow positive aspects to bear fruit.