CHANDAL DOSHA (JUPITER AFFLICTION)
Unfavorable Placement of Jupiter Disrupting Life
Vedic Remedies to Mitigate Affliction and Generate Positivity
What is Chandal Dosha?
In the birth chart, Chandal Dosha occurs when the planet Jupiter is in conjunction with the malefic planets Rahu or Ketu. Jupiter is called Guru in Vedic Astrology. Chandal refers to an Asura, which is Rahu. Hence, the Dosha is also known as Guru Chandal Dosha. The Dosha can cause malefic effects in the native’s life.
How Cosmic Alignment Creates Chandal Dosha
The Chandal Dosha occurs when there is Jupiter-Rahu or Jupiter-Ketu combination in the birth chart. Jupiter plays a significant role in this Dosha. This planetary placement can make life very difficult for the native.
Jupiter-Rahu/ Jupiter-Ketu Conjunct in 3rd House
The combination of Jupiter-Rahu or Jupiter-Ketu in the 3rd house can cause Chandal Dosha and give a pessimistic speech. It can also make the native a betrayer and a spreader of hatred.
Jupiter-Rahu/ Jupiter-Ketu Conjunct in 8th House
The Jupiter-Rahu or Jupiter-Ketu combination in the 8th house can create a destructive attitude and may end the life of the native. There may be accidents. If Jupiter and Rahu combine in the 8th house, there may be injuries and pains in the abdominal area, scarring for life.
Jupiter-Rahu/ Jupiter-Ketu Conjunct in 9th House
The combination is lethal if it is in the 9th house, with the native unaware of roots and unlawful. The native can breaks all norms and religious beliefs. They may spread wrong ideas and beliefs and adopt the wrong approach.
However, this Dosha is not very malefic in all houses, and if Jupiter is stronger and well placed, and can control Rahu, then the native could go a long way with minimal loss. Jupiter combined with Ketu is not considered Chandal Dosha by astrologers in the Northern part of India. It makes the native more spiritual and isolated from the world.
How Chandal Dosha Can Impact an Individual
When Chandal Dosha comes into prominence, it can turn the benefic effects of Jupiter into malefic effects. A native influenced by the Chandal Dosha can experience many inconsistencies.
- Hard work may not yield positive results
- Experience changes in behavior and tendencies
- Being attracted to bad company
- Become disrespectful and inconsiderate to elders
- Problems in academic pursuits
- Haunting accidents and health concerns
- Instability in career and business
- Conflict with family members
Home Remedies for Chandal Dosha
- Chant Guru Mantras daily Om Sri Gurave Namaha, Om Namah Shivaya, Om Namo Narayanaya, or any Guru Mantra you know
- Wear yellow color clothes on Thursdays and frequently, if possible
- Consume ghee, turmeric, and yellow Toor dal on Thursdays, if health permits
- Donate sweets at a Powerspot to devotees coming to visit them on Thursdays
- Donate food to priestly people
- Read the Vedic scriptures on Thursdays
- Meditate and pray to God on Thursdays
- Do not disrespect your religion or sacred scriptures
- Do not disrespect any Guru, Mentor, Teacher, Guide, Yogi, Parents, or Elders
- Refrain from doing immoral deeds and act righteously
- Follow any Guru/ worship any God you like, meditate upon them and surrender your mind to them
Homa Recommended to Remedy Chandal Dosha
Jupiter Homa (Fire Lab )
Invoking the blessings of Jupiter can empower you with knowledge, imbibe a positive attitude and bring success in your endeavors.
AstroVed’s Dosha Remedial Programs
Much of our life has been shaped and influenced by the time of birth. The planetary positions at the time of our birth play a crucial role in determining, with other details, how our life will pan out. Derived from Sanskrit, Dosha signifies physical disorders. In Vedic Astrology, Dosha signifies bad conditions found in the birth chart or horoscope. The planets that occupy the twelve houses in the natal chart will not be placed in a favorable position.
The malefic planets combine to override all good and positive effects in a native’s horoscope, thus causing an adverse impact on their life.