Chevvai or Angaraka is a Tamil word for Planet Mars. Puranas refer to this planet as Bhaum, who is born to Lord Shiva and Prithvi (mother earth). He is of blood red in complexion and is the ruling planet of the earth, called Bhoomi Karaka.
Planet Mars or Chevvai
- Mars is a planet of war, battle and fight, given to anger. An ill placed Mars disturbs family life and causes frequent quarrels, emotional upheavals, and abusive violent fights between marriage partners.
- Mars governs one`s ego, self-esteem, energy, will-power, confidence, temperament, courage, warring tendency, dominance, heroism, anger, joyousness and presence of dosha makes a person`s temper to be of volatile nature. Such natives will have trouble adjusting to spouse, friends, family members, co-workers.
- Mars dominated natives have tremendous energy and this usually affects one`s family life, unless it is well channelized.
- The presence of Mars from 3rd, 6th, 10th 11th house from lagna in a chart gives favorable results.
Chevvai Dosham - What is it?When Mars or Chevvai is placed in the 2nd, 4th, 7th, or 8th houses from the moonsign or from one`s lagna or ascendant, then chevvai dosham is formed. Before marriage, it is very important to check for the doshas in both the groom`s and bride`s chart, as presence of dosha would lead to marital discord, separation, divorce and even death. Traditionally, the one with dosha is married to another with the same quantum of dosha, as it cancels the evil effects.
Remedies to Follow
- Visit a temple on a Tuesday and offer 9 red apples to the beggars. The apples should be given away in full without being cut or sliced. On full apple should be given to nine beggars.
- One should visit Shiva temple for 8 weeks. On the 9TH week, on a pradosham day or any other day should perform archana and abhisekam with honey to Lord Shiva. One has to distribute food offerings to people outside the temple. Doing this would remove obstacles and delay in marriage and marriage would take place soon.
- Prayers to Andal of Srivilliputtur is said to reduce the ill-effects of chevvai dosha. Pilgrimage to Srivilliputtur during the aadi month and worshipping Andal on the day of Aadi pooram would appease chevvai and help reduce its ill effects.
- If chevvai is places in the 7th or 8th house in a natal chart, then one should offer red sari and conduct thirukalyanam to Sri Andal.
- Those who face adverse effects of chevvai can also pray to Sudarsana Alwar or Chakrathazhwar on Tuesdays.
- One should have a tulsi plant at home and worship it every day to ward off the planet`s evil effects.
- Propitiate Lord Muruga by worshipping him with red oleander flowers on Tuesdays. Atleast for 7 Tuesdays in a nearby Murugan temple would greatly help to bring good results. On the seventh Tuesday, donate red grams to the temple priest.
- Chant Hanuman Chalisa and Sunder kand regularly. Worship lord Hanuman by visiting his temple and lighting a ghee lamp for him.
- Chant the Gayathri mantra 108 times daily.
- Visit to Vaitheeswaran Koil, near Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu would reduce the unfavorable effects of the planet. The presiding deity is Lord Muruga, known as Muthukumaraswamy. Prayers to the planet and the ruling deity would help solve problems arising from the dosha or give the mental strength to withstand the problems caused due to the dosha.
- Fasting on Mangalvar or Tuesdays would help attract the blessings of Mother Goddess and Lord Muruga. It removes the ill effects of the dosha and blood related diseases get cured. Women should wear red color clothes and worship Mother Goddess in the morning and pray to Lord Muruga in the evening. One should give away in charity red toor dhal.
- One should regularly recite Kandar shasti kavacham for all sorts of protection. This is a divine Tamil poem dedicated to Lord Muruga.
- Remedial mantra for the planet helps one develop a determined attitude, reduce violence and become brave and courageous. It also eases legal entanglements. It has to be recited one hour after sunrise on Tuesdays for 9, 11,108 or 1008 times.
- To avoid sickness, quarrels and other troubles caused by the ill placement of Mars in a horoscope, offer sweet chapatti to animals and birds every month.