Many cultures in the world, including Hinduism, believe in Evil eye. The term is generally used to indicate negative vibes or emotions such as hatred, jealousy and others that can generate harmful energies to deter growth or good results. Evil eye of a person towards another is believed to bring misfortune to the other person. Such distressful energies can be generated intentionally or without the knowledge of the person who is emanating negative vibes. Feeling distressed or acutely sorrow for another person’s well-being can itself generate negative vibes to deter the other person from being able to enjoy the fruits of his/her good luck.
Protective Measures against the First Gaze of a Person with Evil Eyes
It is believed that sometimes, first gaze of the person casting evil eyes can create harmful vibes. Various protective methods have been adopted in Hinduism to counter these distressing energies. Some of the common practices in India to ward off effects of evil eyes are:
- Hang seven chilies and a lemon at the top of the front door.
- Hang Masks of demon face or a conch or a piece of turmeric, or piece of rock salt or a combination of all of them on top of the front door.
- Keeping an aquarium in the hall of the house.
- Keep a coconut inside a black colored bag and hang it at the front door.
- Placing a black spot on the face of a baby
Protective Measures for a Person Affected by Evil Eyes
There are certain common practices, also known as Totkas, performed in Indian households, even today, to prevent ill effects on people under evil eyes. A few of them are:
- Take a few red chilies in your palm and rotate it around the head of the affected child. Throw the chilies into fire. It will remove ill-effects from the child.
- Take a large sized bucket/vessel, and fill it with plain water up to 60% to cover your ankles, when the feet are immersed in the bucket, add 5 tablespoon of rock salt, Pray to God with faith to remove the demonic/black magic effects from you. Also pray specifically for destroying the unholy effects of the negative energies.
- On a Saturday or a Sunday, in the night take half Kg of milk in a bowl or if possible in a mud container. Move with it anticlockwise 51 times around the person affected by evil eye. Now serve this milk to any street dog or any other dog you may find near your house. It will remove evil eye and you would feel energetic and fresh.
Protective Shield of Yantras
There are certain devices known as the Yantras, through which divine powers can be sought to remove bad vibrations and bring in positive changes. They are good for removing evil energies and keeping enemies at bay. A few of them are:
- Keeping a Matsya Yantra with an impression of a fish representing Lord Vishnu can bring rewarding changes to one’s career and personal life.
- Keeping Mrityunjaya Yantra one can invoke the blessings of Lord Shiva for curing any health ailments.
- Keeping Pratyangira Devi Yantra can invite good spirits and open the doors to happiness.
Leave a Reply