A good education makes a huge difference in a person’s life and future. It lays the foundation for their success. It is why even poor parents work hard and make many sacrifices to send their children to the best schools and colleges.
But money and opportunities are not enough to guarantee a good education. It depends on the individual, also. For instance, a person may not show much interest in education. Other factors, too, may play a role. Destiny is one such factor. The stars and planets that presided over the sky at the time of your birth can say a lot about your life, including education.
With the help of Student and Education astrology, we can analyze a person’s education yoga. All one needs is the person’s horoscope. Using the horoscope, a good astrologer will be able to predict what kind of education the person will have and their academic accomplishments. He will also be able to identify which stream is ideal for the person and will bring them success in life. In many cases, parents compel the children to pursue a stream that they don’t like. When this happens, the child may lack interest and motivation. So they will not perform well. But Vedic astrology can pinpoint the child’s aptitude and abilities in a particular subject. Once these are identified, the parents can guide the child correctly.
Astrology for Students
The second, fourth, and fifth Houses in the native’s birth chart/Kundli and the positions of various planets in these Houses are important for higher education. Navamsha Kundali has to be used to analyze education. The fifth House’s position should be studied in detail.
The 4th House indicates education, and the 5th House represents knowledge. The 9th House rules higher studies, and the 11th House indicates success. For success in higher studies, Jupiter, Venus, Mercury, and Ketu should be well-placed.
Mercury signifies intelligence and Jupiter signifies knowledge and wisdom, Venus rules arts and crafts, entertainment, etc., and Ketu indicates hidden intelligence and technical expertise. If these planets are well-placed, the native will do well in their higher education.
Mercury and Jupiter
If both Mercury and Jupiter are in a good position, then the child will have a good education. If these planets have a relation to Kendra or triangle house, the level of education increases.
The second House determines the status of education. It is the main House for elementary education and is also important because this is the foundation for the child.
The fourth House is the place of happiness in the chart. This House reveals the level of education after elementary education.
The fifth House is the most important House for education. Jupiter is the causative planet of this House, so it reveals if the education received will be helpful in livelihood by leading to a job or business. This House has a key role when it comes to choosing the right subjects for livelihood.
The position of the Lord of the Houses and the planets related to education in the square Kundli are also important. Even if the Kundli is good, the level of education may not be good if the Houses and planets are weak in the square Kundli. So, the square Kundli is very useful to give the complete picture.
Let us look at some other planetary placements that have a bearing on education:
If Rahu is posited in the 6th, 8th, or 12th Houses, the native may have concentration problems, and suffer failure in higher education.
If Jupiter is aligned with Rahu in the 12th House, the native will miss good opportunities.
If the Lord of the 9th House is posited in the 8th House, obstruction in higher studies is likely.
When the 5th House Lord is posited in the 12th House in an afflicted state, and Saturn is aligned with Rahu in the 9th House, the native faces repeated failures.
If Mercury is weak, Venus is debilitated, Jupiter is in retrograde position in the 8th House, and Ketu is malefic, the native may not pursue higher education.
The Lords of the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 9th Houses should be well placed, benefic, strong, and supportive of success in education.
Negative Yogas that can create problems in higher education are Kala Sarpa Dosha, Grahana Dosha, Guru Rahu Dosh, Shrapit Dosh, Visha Yoga, etc. If any two of these are present in the chart, success in higher education may be very hard.
Astrology and Success in Examinations
If the 9th House is benefic, the native can clear the examination. Also, the 9th house should be in a good position and strong.
If there is an influence of malefic planets during the main period (Dasha) and sub-period (Bhukti), at the time of the examination, the native will find it difficult to clear the examination. The same result is possible if Rahu and Ketu are posited in the 12th house and their Dasha period & Bhukti periods are going on.
If the Lagna is benefic and strong, and the 5th House is also strong, the native may be very knowledgeable and possess good willpower. And if Mercury is strong and posited in Lagna, 4th, 5th, 9th, or 11th Houses, they can crack the exam. If Jupiter, Sun, Rahu, and Venus are strong and well-placed, the native may clear the competitive exam. If these planets are weak and placed in the 8th or 12th House, the native may face many obstacles in clearing the examination.
The 4th, 5th, and 6th Houses have a supporting role in competitive exams. If Jupiter, Sun, Mercury, and Rahu are strong and posited in the 6th house, the native will clear the exam.
A weak and retrograde Mercury will cause nervousness during exams, careless mistakes, etc. Those with Budha Aditya Yoga, Guru Aditya Yoga, Raja Yoga, or Bondhu Poojya Yoga in their chart will succeed in competitive exams with high marks. Otherwise, the 5th, 6th, 9th, and 11th Houses will need to be benefic and strong to achieve success. Also, the Vidya karaka planets, like Mercury, Sun, Jupiter, or Saturn, should be strong and benefic.
An analysis of the D9 chart is also necessary. If Ketu is benefic, the native’s health will be fine during the exam. If Ketu is weak and malefic, a sudden health issue before or during the exam will lead to poor performance or absence during the exam.
From this article, you may have understood how to know more about your child’s education through astrology.
Student and Education Remedies in Astrology
- To improve your child’s concentration and memory, put up green curtains in your child’s study room. This will please planet Mercury, which gives good education.
- When your child is studying, ask them to recite Goddess Saraswati’s Beej Mantra (Om Shreem Hreem Sarawati-Ya Namaha) 21 times, and pray to the Goddess to get her blessings for education and wisdom.
- Place an idol of Goddess Saraswati in the child’s study room. It can boost the memory and concentration power of the child.
- Combine sugar, roli, and rose petals in a copper container to invoke the blessings of Lord Surya (Sun God). Also, donate something red-colored to the poor on all Sundays.
- The native should have food with no salt or very little salt on Sundays.
- Ask your child to recite the Gayatri Mantra 21 times every day.
- Mix one teaspoon of tulsi juice (basil) with honey and give it to your child before breakfast daily. This can boost memory power.
- Do not place heavy furniture in the study room. This will block positive energy.
- Afflicted Mercury causes hurdles and delayed results in getting the desired results. To overcome this, offer green moong dal, cardamom seeds, and Dhruva wrapped in a green cloth to Lord Ganesha on Wednesdays at a temple.
- The child should face the east when studying.
- The study desk must face the north, east, or north east direction to ensure the flow of positive energy.
- Every Wednesday, ask the child to recite the Mantra “Guru Grehgayepadhaanraghuraee, Alp KaalVidya Sab Pai” on a tulsi mala 108 times.
- The child should sleep with the head facing south or east.
- Donate five different kinds of sweets along with two cardamom seeds to the Peepal tree. Do this for three consecutive Thursdays.
- Make the child wear a small square piece of copper in a long chain.