One cannot imagine the Ramayana without Hanuman in it. The monkey god, who has legions of devotees who belong to the Hindu faith, plays a central role in the epic. In fact, without the help of Hanuman, Rama might not have been able to recover Sita. Hanuman’s personality looms large in the narrative. His childhood antics, his valor, his sense of humor, his intelligence, and his devotion to Rama endear him to all.
Some believe that Hanuman is an avatar of Shiva. He is also one of the 8 Chiranjeevis or immortals in Hindu mythology and is believed to be living in our midst.
Hindus worship Hanuman for many reasons. Some seek his protection from enemies, black magic, evil eye, witchcraft, and other negative energies. Others seek his blessings for success and prosperity. He is also believed to shield devotees from the adverse effects of Saturn. People also worship him to acquire strength, courage, and confidence in order to surmount problems, obstacles, and challenges in their lives.
In Kali Yuga, which is the current Yuga, Hanuman is called the ‘awakened God,’ or a God who is truly alive. Hanuman was born on the day of Chaitra Shukla Purnima, coinciding with the Chitra constellation, and his birthday is celebrated as Hanuman Jayanti.
Hanuman was born on Tuesday, and this day is associated with him. Planet Mars is the Lord of the Chitra constellation. Devotees worship Hanuman on Tuesdays and Saturdays, as this can bring better results. By worshipping Hanuman on Tuesdays, we can boost our courage, strength, and intelligence.
How to Worship Hanuman for Success
Hanuman is worshipped by many to gain success in life, as he is a powerful deity in his own right.
Here are some Hanuman Tips 2023 for achieving success in life:
- Offer oil, sindoor, and urad to Hanuman. Offering a garland of Ankada flowers also pleases Hanuman.
- Recite Ram Raksha Stotra in a Hanuman temple. This helps you to get the protection of Rama.
- Sit under a Peepal tree and recite Hanuman Chalisa.
- To boost your confidence and strength, as well as to remove all fears, read the Maruti Stotra.
- Reciting the Panch Mukhi Hanumant Kavach is also very beneficial.
- Chant the Bajrang Baan.
- Recite Hanuman Ashtakam.
- Avoid eating non-vegetarian food, especially on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- Chant the name of Hanuman when you arise in the morning and also just before you sleep at night.
- Light a lamp with sesame oil every day or at least on Saturdays.
- Paan is very auspicious in Hinduism, which is why people offer it when they worship any deity. Paan is also very important in the worship of Hanuman.
- The belief is that when one offers betel leaf to Hanuman on Tuesdays, Hanuman will help one to complete one’s tasks quickly. Always offer sweet betel leaves to Hanuman if you seek auspicious results.
- Many devotees offer vermilion during the worship of Hanuman, as it is considered to be very auspicious. Hanuman is very pleased when people offer vermilion or sindoor to him. Offering vermilion helps us to receive the desired boon. Along with the vermilion, you should also offer jasmine oil and silver or gold work. This can remove all the evils from your life and bestow happiness and good fortune.
- The flag is a sacred symbol. Offer a flag named Ram to Hanuman on Tuesday. This will enable you to complete even the most difficult work soon.
Worship Hanuman and Achieve Success
- Hanuman is a deity who is believed to fulfill people’s wishes quickly. If one has his blessings, one will be free of troubles and sorrows. One can also enjoy happiness and good luck in life. Hanuman has the power to bestow Ashtasiddhi.
- Those who have problems in married life can benefit from Hanuman worship. Hanuman is also a guru/teacher who can offer solutions to all problems.
- People who are facing career problems can worship Hanuman. His blessings can help them come out of it quickly.
- Those who have heart and brain-related problems should worship Hanuman for relief.
- Anyone who is suffering from mental or psychological problems like fear, phobia, depression, anxiety, etc., can chant Hanuman Chalisa. It will give them courage and confidence.
- Thus, by worshipping Hanuman, one can acquire the strength and courage to overcome all problems in life and gain success.