Akshaya Tritiya 2017 is the auspicious third Moon that is considered good for beginning a new venture, making investments, stepping into a new house, beginning new course for learning and undertaking charitable duties. This rare day when the Sun and the Moon are exalted is a wish-fulfilling one.
Astrological interpretation:In astrology, the Sun represents soul and the Moon mind. When soul and mind are at their highest points of satisfaction, any effort made towards improving life or starting an endeavor will be supported by favorable energies. It is intrinsically a favorable day for undertaking all kinds of works and efforts. Brightness of the Sun and the Moon diminishes any malefic effect of the planets.
Symbolism of buying Gold on Akshaya Tritiya:On the wish-fulfilling day of April 29th, 2017, people desirous of improving their monetary condition, will indulge in buying precious things that they believe will expand and improve their financial condition. Gold signifies glitter and brightness, prosperity and abundance and a bright golden light that diffuses all negative energies and elements of darkness. In the days approaching Akshaya Tritiya in 2017, people will again gear up towards saving their earnings to buy precious possession or make investments. People prefer to buy gold because it is a precious metal symbolizing Goddess Lakshmi, who brings wealth and prosperity. In recent years, this golden metal has also acquired a good resale value. So buying any amount of gold is now perceived as a good investment for future, notwithstanding women’s special liking for gold ornaments. Anything achieved on this day is said to be self-replenishing, thereby buying gold gives people the assurance that their financial condition will improve, enabling them to acquire more gold.
7 reasons for celebrating Akshaya Tritiya:
- A brightly glowing Sun represent a pure soul and an exalted Moon signify creative forces that would combine to usher in Satya yuga.
- “Akshaya” means never ending or eternal. When Pandavas where in exile they received an “Akshaya Tritiya” bowl from a sage. That bowl yielded unlimited food and never turned empty. So, fruits of this day are self-replenishing.
- Puranas relate that Lord Ganesha began writing the great epic Mahabharata under the guidance of saint Ved Vyasa. River Ganga descended on earth plane on this day. Lord Kubera became treasurer of the Gods on this day. So, this is indeed a day that is very auspicious.
- Once Sudama, a childhood friend of Krishna came to him seeking financial help. Sudama was very poor and could only a handful of beaten rice for Krishna. Krishna relished it and treated his friend and guest to his palace with warmth. Sudama was embarrassed to ask for help and returned home empty handed. But on his return he found that his old hut had turned into a palace. From that day onwards, the day of Akshaya Tritiya is marked for material gains.
- Goddess Annapoorna, who is propitiated for abundant food and cultivation was also born on this day. She is the divine mother who brings food to the poor and hungry. When anyone makes donation for food to poor on this day, the divine Mother gives her blessings.
- Parashuram, who is the tenth avatar of Vishnu was born on this day. So Vishnu and Lakshmi are worshipped on this day for wealth and prosperity.
- Following the popular belief Akshaya Tritiya 2017 will also be a lucky day for new ventures, initiatives, marriage, home-coming and any major event of life.