Traditional wisdom lays emphasis in the selection of muhurtha (auspicious timing) for any activity. It is highly important to choose the right time, favorable day and Nakshatra (star) to commence any propitious activity to reap fruitful results. Gold has a traditional significance amongst the Hindu community and there are auspicious timings to buy this precious metal.
Legendary Importance of Gold
According to sacred texts, gold is sattvic and helps absorb divine energy to a greater extent. The precious metal is associated with Tej-Tattva or Absolute fire element, which aids to absorb Chaitanya or divine frequencies easily and in greater proportion. Chaitanya frequencies help to activate the Surya Nadi or channel in a woman which triggers the Shakti principle or Divine energy in a woman wearing gold. Benefits of wearing gold jewelry Indian culture advocates wearing of gold ornaments by a woman. There are immense benefits in wearing gold as listed below:
- Enhances one’s physical, psychological and spiritual well-being
- Reduces body heat, enhances beauty and destroys harmful germs in the body
- Gives protection from negative energies and helps acquire the grace of deities
- Wearing them with a spiritual emotion or bhav for the associated deity can their shower respective blessings
Wearing gold ornaments with gems studded on them enhances the beauty of a person, has specific spiritual benefits and astrologically helps in averting present and future suffering due to planets.
- Gold studded with Ruby – Protection of gross body and provides energy
- Gold studded with Diamond – Purifies the body and the mind, emits absolute fire element
- Gold with Red Coral – Awakens Chetana (consciousness) in the body
- Gold with Pearl – Cools the body down and bestows pleasantness
- Gold with Emerald – Helps in the maintenance of continuous energy
- Gold with Yellow Sapphire – Symbol of protection, enhances energy
Akshaya Tritiya — Auspicious day for buying Gold
Akshaya Tritiya, also known as Akha Teej, is a highly auspicious day which falls on Shukla Paksha Tritiya (3rd day of Waxing Moon) in the month of Vaishaka (April–May). ‘Akshaya’ in Sanskrit means never diminishing. Hence, the benefits of performing Yagna (holy fire ritual), Pitru-Tarpanam (ancestral rituals), Japa (meditation), or Dan-punya (donation) on this holy day will never diminish and flourish with the performer forever. Similarly, it is considered favorable to buy gold on Akshaya Tritiya, so that the wealth bought on this day will never diminish and would continue to grow and accumulate. Akshaya Tritiya is also considered as an auspicious day to start new ventures. Propitiate the Goddess of Wealth on Akshaya Tritiya Hinduism symbolizes Goddess Lakshmi as a bestower of wealth, riches, gold, assets, property, and jewelry. As this day is ruled by Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi, his consort who dwells in his chest, worshipping him on Akshaya Tritiya appeases the Supreme Goddess and can bestow you with your material desires and prosperity. Other Auspicious Days for Buying Gold As per Vedic Astrology, besides Akshaya Tritiya, the following days are considered auspicious to buy gold and other precious metals:
- Pushya Nakshatra is the birth star of Goddess Lakshmi and is ruled by Jupiter. Days ruled by Pushya Nakshatra are the most auspicious to welcome the Goddess of Auspiciousness and Wealth. It is the most propitious day to buy gold and jewelry. When Pushya Star falls on a Thursday it forms Guru Pushya Yoga. When it falls on a Sunday, it forms Ravi Pushya Yoga. Astrologically, these days are highly auspicious for buying gold.
- Dhanteras, the first day of the five days Diwali celebration, is another significant day to buy gold and other precious metals. It is the day when Goddess Lakshmi emerged during the churning of Milky Ocean.
- Thursday, ruled by Jupiter, who is the lord of wealth, good fortune and abundance is also considered a good day to buy gold.
- Venus and Jupiter Horas (timing) in a day are considered auspicious (Subh) to purchase gold.Rahu Kaal (danger time) is generally avoided.
Propitious Timings to Buy Gold on Akshaya Tritiya
Buying gold is the most important ritual on Akshaya Tritiya apart from performing charitable deeds and worshipping Lord Vishnu. As per Vedic Astrology, there are three Vijay Muhurats — Yugadi, Akshaya Tritiya and Vijaya Dasami occurring each year, which are considered highly auspicious and free from any malefic effect. These three lunar days are extremely favorable and do not need any muhurtha (auspicious timing) for commencing new ventures. Of these three days, Akshaya Tritiya is given high importance to buy gold and accrue the blessings of Goddess Lakshmi in the form of undiminishing wealth and prosperity.
Benefits of Buying Gold on Akshaya Tritiya
Buying gold on Akshaya Tritiya is a customary belief followed across India and can bestow you with the following benefits:
- Invite the divine presence of Goddess Lakshmi in your space
- Good fortune and endless prosperity
- Attract positive vibrations creating wealth and constant supply of money
- Increase good fortune
- Gifting gold on this day is considered as the highest act of merit, blessing you and your descendants with endless prosperity