Deepa Jyothi worship is common in Hindu households. Lighting a lamp has a deep spiritual significance. As the light of the lamp destroys all ignorance, bestows knowledge, brings in auspiciousness, wealth, health and prosperity. It helps to burn away the negative tendencies in the mind and the sins of past lives. Verily, the light of the lamp is looked upon as the supreme Brahman, to whom salutations are made with sincere devotion and piety.
Cow`s GheeAccording to Agni Purana, Ghee lamp has the capacity to attract all the positive vibrations in the surrounding atmosphere. Use of Cow`s ghee destroys poverty, bestows wealth, health and heavenly bliss. It spreads an aura of radiance in the household. Goddess Mahalakshmi is most pleased with a ghee lamp. It attracts her mighty blessings and good fortune. All evil vibrations are destroyed by her grace.
Sesame OilIt is also called til oil or gingelly oil. Lighting a lamp with this oil eliminates doshas and wards off evil spirits. Those suffering with deep rooted problems for a prolonged period of time, and for elimination of past bad karmas, one has to light a lamp with sesame oil. To please Lord Saturn or Shani or during the periods of Sade-sati, Saturn`s Mahadasa and Antardasa, sesame oil lamp must be lit for relief and peace from the malefic effects of the planet.
Neem OilA mixture of neem oil and mahua oil helps to attract the grace of Goddess Parasakthi and Kula deivatas or family deities. It helps to increase wealth in the household. Those who face problems from enemies should pray to Lord Bhairava on New Moon days or Krishna Ashtami with 8 lamps of neem oil and perform sahasranama archana to the Lord.
Castor OilFor happy family life, growth, spiritual development, fame and prosperity, one has to light a lamp with castor oil. It also helps to bring good fortune from relatives.
Coconut OilLighting a lamp with coconut oil attracts the blessings of Lord Ganesha. I t helps one get the blessings of family deities too and increases domestic happiness.
Mahua OilIt attracts the blessings of Lord Shiva and frees one from all problems of debt and health problems too.
- To eliminate evil eye, negative thoughts, illness, poverty and for beneficial results of wealth, good fortune, health, happiness, lighting a lamp with Panchadeepa oil is a must.
- It nullifies the evil vibrations at home and fills the atmosphere with highly positive vibrations.
- It is mixture of sesame oil or coconut oil, castor oil, neem oil, mahua oil and cow`s ghee in the ratio of 3:2:1:2:2. It mitigates all evil and ensures prosperity and 8 forms of wealth. There is abundance of food and the household is happy. There is freedom from debts and all sorts of disharmony are removed.
- To get rid of obstacles, fear and misery, one has to worship Lord Bhairava on Ashtami and New Moon days with panchadeepa oil lamps, offer red oleander flowers and perform the sahasranama archana.
- For problems of health, one must pray to Lord Bhairava on Krishna Ashtami by lighting lamps of panchadeepa oil and do vibhuti abisekham to the Lord.