Hanuman Chalisa is a poetic composition of the great saint Goswami Tulsidas. Tulsidas is considered to be an incarnation of Saint Valmiki. It is believed that Tulsidas composed Hanuman Chalisa in a state of Samadhi in a kumbh mela in Haridwar. Chalisa means forty and this famous composition has 40 verses in praise of Hanuman.
Saint Tulsidas says that whoever chants Hanuman Chalisa will attract the infinite grace of Lord Hanuman.
Hidden Divine Secrets of Hanuman Chalisa
There is a special reason for chanting Hanuman Chalisa. The 40 verses should be chanted for 40 days to have one`s prayers answered and to gain immense merit. The divine Chalisa is very powerful as it has:
If one recites this Chalisa with total faith and devotion then one earns the merit of having the darshan of the 8 murtis, 12 jyotirlingas, 5 mukhs, and 15 eyes.
- Astrologically, it has been found to be highly effective in controlling the malefic effects of Saturn transit or Saturn`s major or minor periods. Those under the negative influence of the planet will find great relief and benefit if they chant the Chalisa for 8 times on a Saturday.
- Those with mangal dosha or are mangliks should recite this Chalisa for beneficial results.
- Positive qualities of Mars like strength, courage, indomitable spirit and energy are imbibed through chanting the Chalisa.
- Those with afflictions of Planets Saturn and Mars should recite the Chalisa for positive outcomes.
Specific results on recitation of particular verses:
It can be recited both in the morning and evening. It takes not more than 10 minutes to read this beautiful hymn.
It is said that each verse or chaupai has its own significance.
If one is unable to read all 40 verses, then one can choose to recite only certain ones to suit their needs.
For removal of bad karma– first opening verse
Wisdom and strength – second opening verse
Attainment of divine knowledge – 1ST verse
Removal of bad company and habits – 3rd verse
Cultivation of devotion – verses 7 and 8
Protection from poisons and snake bites – 11th verse
Removes misunderstanding between sons and daughters – 12th verse
To gain fame – 13th – 15th verse
Recovery of lost status, promotion in jobs– 16th -17th verse
Remove obstacles; accomplish difficult tasks – 20th verse
Protection from adverse planetary influences – 22nd verse
Protection from black magic and evil spirits – 24th verse
To achieve good health -25th verse
Liberation from crisis – 26th verse
Fulfillment of desires – 27th – 28th verses
Victory over enemies – 30th verse
Occult powers and wealth – 31st verse
To follow ethics and have a fulfilling life – 32nd -35th verses,
For mental peace – 36th verse
For grace of Lord Hanuman – 37th verse
Benefits of Reading Hanuman Chalisa
- It has a purifying effect on both body and mind and is spiritually uplifting.
- It saves one from all dangers in life and helps gain spiritual wisdom and confidence in life.
- It is believed that while going for job interviews if one reads this Chalisa then one can expect favorable results.
- To get liberation from legal entanglements, litigation, imprisonment, one should recite the Chalisa for 100 times a day to secure favorable results.
More significantly, when the Chalisa is read at night times, it wards off evil forces from one`s life and removes the sins committed knowingly or unknowingly. It is believed that those who have major tasks to be achieved should recite these verses 1008 times on an auspicious night of Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday or on moola star day. One will have all obstacles removed in the way of good life and also get the protection and grace of Hanuman when recited at night.
The famous yogi saint of Northern India, Neem Karoli Baba asked his devotees to recite Hanuman Chalisa during difficult times.