Hanuman Chalisa is a poetic composition of the great saint Goswami Tulsidas. Tulsidas is considered to be an incarnation of Saint Valmiki. It is believed that Tulsidas composed Hanuman Chalisa in a state of Samadhi in a kumbh mela in Haridwar. Chalisa means forty and this famous composition has 40 verses in praise of Hanuman. Saint Tulsidas says that whoever chants Hanuman Chalisa will attract the infinite grace of Lord Hanuman.
Hidden Divine Secrets of Hanuman Chalisa
- Astrologically, it has been found to be highly effective in controlling the malefic effects of Saturn transit or Saturn`s major or minor periods. Those under the negative influence of the planet will find great relief and benefit if they chant the Chalisa for 8 times on a Saturday.
- Those with mangal dosha or are mangliks should recite this Chalisa for beneficial results.
- Positive qualities of Mars like strength, courage, indomitable spirit and energy are imbibed through chanting the Chalisa.
- Those with afflictions of Planets Saturn and Mars should recite the Chalisa for positive outcomes.
Specific results on recitation of particular verses:It can be recited both in the morning and evening. It takes not more than 10 minutes to read this beautiful hymn. It is said that each verse or chaupai has its own significance. If one is unable to read all 40 verses, then one can choose to recite only certain ones to suit their needs. For removal of bad karma- first opening verse Wisdom and strength - second opening verse Attainment of divine knowledge – 1ST verse Removal of bad company and habits – 3rd verse Cultivation of devotion – verses 7 and 8 Protection from poisons and snake bites - 11th verse Removes misunderstanding between sons and daughters – 12th verse To gain fame – 13th – 15th verse Recovery of lost status, promotion in jobs- 16th -17th verse Remove obstacles; accomplish difficult tasks - 20th verse Protection from adverse planetary influences - 22nd verse Protection from black magic and evil spirits – 24th verse To achieve good health -25th verse Liberation from crisis – 26th verse Fulfillment of desires – 27th – 28th verses Victory over enemies - 30th verse Occult powers and wealth – 31st verse To follow ethics and have a fulfilling life – 32nd -35th verses, For mental peace – 36th verse For grace of Lord Hanuman – 37th verse
Benefits of Reading Hanuman Chalisa
- It has a purifying effect on both body and mind and is spiritually uplifting.
- It saves one from all dangers in life and helps gain spiritual wisdom and confidence in life.
- It is believed that while going for job interviews if one reads this Chalisa then one can expect favorable results.
- To get liberation from legal entanglements, litigation, imprisonment, one should recite the Chalisa for 100 times a day to secure favorable results.