Lord Ganesha is the Supreme Brahman and the embodiment of the cosmic sound of AUM. He is worshipped for blessings of good luck, prosperity, wealth, intelligence and success. He is worshipped before starting any new venture or before any important occasion as he removes obstacles and grants success.
Right Curved Trunk of GaneshaGanesha idols with right curved trunks are called Sidhi Vinayak and they need special worship. According to Puranas, Sidhi, a daughter of Brahma is a wife of Ganesha. Worshipping this statue helps in the manifestation of desires or powers. It is considered most lucky and auspicious to worship this form of Ganesha. The powers of Ganesha and Sidhi work powerfully to bring success to endeavors when all others have failed. It acts powerfully to bring speedy results bestowing prosperity, knowledge, and final emancipation.
Ways to worship Sidhi Vinayak
- Idols of right curved trunk Ganesha should be given bath everyday and dust must not settle on it. Extreme care should be taken to keep the idol clean.
- Such idols have the Sun`s principle active in them. If prayers are not done as per Vedic norms, then it will burn away the results that are bound to come.
- Red sandal paste should be applied as tilak to the Lord.
- Dress must be changed every day and they must be washed in clean water.
- Fresh flowers or blades of Durva grass should be offered with devotion and lovingness.
- Ghee lamps must be lighted along with scented agarbattis.
- Mantras should be chanted and arati of camphor must be shown to him.
- Food offerings of sugar candy, modak or laddoo or boiled channa gram should be made to the Lord.
- These offerings to the Lord constitute the five elements of nature: earth, fire, water, air and ether.
Spiritual significance of the idolOne must perform these sacred acts with purity in body and mind. Only if a person does these acts with selflessness does the Lord respond to his prayers. It represents the pingala nadi and this is related to the Sun`s energy. In the Sun`s energy flowing through the right trunk, reside the trinity- Brahma, Shiva, Vishnu. The idol has the blessing of a million suns. Pingala nadi corresponds to the right sympathetic nervous system that governs the supra-conscious mind. It has immense power to give what one desires. It needs regular purificatory rites of mantra chanting. But this form of Ganesha holds the hot power of pingala nadi in the psychic body. Hence, he is very powerful and is not forgiving if we do not follow Vedic norms in worship to him.
Mantras to recite:
12 powerful names of Ganesha
- Om Vakratundaya Hum
- Om Ekadantaya Hum
- Om Krishnapingakshaya Hum
- Om Gajavakraya Hum
- Om Lambodaraya Hum
- Om Vikataya Hum
- Om Vighna Rajaya Hum
- Om Dhumravarnaya Hum
- Om Vinayakaya Hum
- Om Gajapathaye Hum
- Om Balachandraya Hum
- Om Gajananaya Hum