Characteristics of Ardra NakshatraJanuary 21, 2015
About Ardra Nakshatra
Of the 27 nakshatras, Ardra nakshatra is the sixth nakshatra in the constellation. It falls in the zodiac sign of Gemini. It is an excellent star as it reflects brilliant mental abilities. Rudra, the Lord of Storms is the presiding deity of this lunar mansion. It is like a diamond in the sky and appears as teardrop in the sky.The symbol for Ardra is a teardrop, which represents overcoming suffering.
The ruling planet is Rahu, which denotes the sharp, fierce activity of this nakshatra. In the cosmic nature of things, Ardra represents “yatnaShakti” -the power to make gains in life through greater effort.
Positive influence of Ardra
- Those born under Ardra Nakshatra will undertake any work in a responsible manner.
- In public gatherings, they create an atmosphere of humour making everyone attracted towards them. They are determinedwith a strong sense of intuitive perception.
- They have a friendly nature that gives them a lot of friends and admirers. They have a sharp, systematic and scientific nature, making them very rational.
- They have the capacity to acquire and gain knowledge of almost all subjects. In the field of business, they are likely to attain great success.
- They are highly sincere in their work. In times of extremehardship, both mentally and financially, they keep themselves cool with their head held high and behave in a respectable and attractive manner.
- They have excellent memory power and display eloquence in speech.
- They are shrewd, clever and master of calculated risks.
Negative influence of Ardra
In the words of Varahamihira, the lunar influence gives an Ardraborn wickedness, ingratitude, and vanity.
Placement of Rahu makes them a confusing personality, making them thinkthat they are right always, making them aggressive, short tempered too. They are argumentative and rude with a tendency to nurture bad thoughts. They are excited, unstable and proud. They encounter many difficulties in life. They have an impolite and sarcastic nature. Family life will not be usually harmonious for those born under this star. They tend to have difference of opinion with their partners. A critical, fault finding disposition is seen in them.
Regular prayers to Shiva along with mantra chanting and practice of meditation will help those born under this star with beneficial results.