Durga Pooja and the Deity
Goddess Durga is the chief deity of this powerful Pooja. Her aggressiveness unchains you from all negative forces. Durga, in Sanskrit
means "She who is incomprehensible or difficult to reach." Goddess Durga is a form of Shakti worshiped for her gracious as well as terrifying aspect. Being the Mother of the Universe, she represents the infinite power of the universe and is a symbol of a female dynamism. The manifestation of Goddess Durga is said to emerge from her formless essence and the two are inseparable!
Recommended Timings for Durga Pooja
This Pooja can be performed during the Ashtami Tithi.
Mantra for Durga Pooja
Om Dum Durge Rakshini Rakshini Namah
Durga Pooja reveres the lives of:
- People who are suffering from negative impacts on their lives
- Woman who wish for the longevity of their spouse
- Women who wish for a happy and contented life
- People who want to get rid of hitches in their lives
- People who are suffering from the ill effects of black magic etc.