“The 9 Nights (of the Goddess) is about special astronomical configurations. Why do I care about astronomy? Because astronomical positioning influences your brain- cluttered, unclear, vague ideas are demonic manifestations. The Goddess kills these demons and brings you clarity, success and prosperity. If you miss these 9 days, you will have to wait for another year.”
The ancient Sanskrit text dedicated to the Supreme Goddess, called ‘Shrimad Devi Bhagvatam’, considers Her greater than the Trinity (archetypes Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva). Navaratri, the Nine Nights of the Goddess, is the power time when Goddesses descend to the Earth plane in different forms each night. The tenth day of Vijaya Dasami celebrations culminates in her victory over dark forces. Navaratri is a very important time to do participate in powerful ceremonies because the Goddess, the divine feminine archetypal energy that is behind success and manifestation, is available in abundance. You can benefit by inviting the Goddess in her various forms into your life to change your consciousness and become powerful enough to manifest your desires.
According to sacred texts, the Supreme Goddess assumed ten powerful and unique forms, ranging from dreadful to ravishingly beautiful, to make Shiva aware of the esoteric prowess of the divine feminine energy. The Dasa Maha Vidya Homa (10 Great Wisdom Goddesses Fire Lab) is among the most effective ceremonies to invoke the great transformative energies of the ten manifestations of the Supreme Mother.
During the nine nights of Navaratri, AstroVed will perform this grand fire ceremony webcasted LIVE from AstroVed’s Ganesha Vortex for the Golden Age – our four expert Vedic priests will invoke each of these ten Goddesses individually to activate their energy on the earth plane and empower you.
The Devi Bhagavata Purana, a sacred Vedic text, mentions that all Maha Vidyas (10 Great Wisdom Goddesses) are intrinsically connected to each other but each exhibits a distinct aspect of divinity and can confer unique powers.
“Power and energy are not masculine, but feminine. This is the greatest finding of the Yogis of India. Beauty, expansion, fertility, joy, abundance – all these are the qualities of the feminine. Female energy is the most powerful energy. It is only available during certain configurations of celestial timing. Yogis eagerly watch for this time to be in harmony with the power of the Mother Goddess.”
Dr. Pillai says that it is the Goddess who is going to be prominent in the Golden Age. Inviting the Goddess energy into us removes our pain and suffering and restores love and prosperity in us.
1. Kali– The first and foremost of the 10 Great Wisdom Goddesses is Goddess Kali, the female form of Kala (time). She is the dominating energy that pervades every moment of our lives. Kali is the symbol of eternal time, presiding over all stages of life. She rules our inner consciousness and demolishes the challenges and limitations we face in our lives. Kali controls the effects of planet Saturn.
2. Tara – ‘Tara’ in Sanskrit means ‘to Transcend’. Goddess Tara is the deliverer and savior to take us through any difficult situation. This blue-colored Goddess has the power to lift us up against all odds and take us beyond the turbulent waves of negative feelings. This Goddess of yogic asceticism can bless us with intuitive powers. Tara controls the effects of planet Jupiter.
3. Tripura Sundari (Vidya Shodashi) – In Sanskrit, ‘Tri’ means ‘three’, ‘Pura’ means ‘cities’ and ‘Sundari ‘ means ‘the beautiful lady’. Tripura Sundari is the embodiment of beauty and has a complexion of the rising sun. Adorned with a crescent Moon, she is seated on the Sri Chakra and bestows us with the knowledge of self, elevation to higher consciousness, pure joy and divine bliss. Tripura Sundari controls the effects of planet Mercury.
4. Bhuvaneshwari – ‘Bhuvaneshwari’ means ‘The Ruler of the Universe’. She is the Divine Mother and the queen of all worlds. Her body is the entire universe and all beings are her ornaments that define her as an infinite being. She is related to the motherly nourishing energy in all of us and controls the effects of the Moon. Seek her blessings to become a great artist, visionary or creator.
5. Bhairavi – She is the warrior Goddess, the terrifying epitome of power and feminine energy, shining with the radiance of ten thousand rising Suns. The transforming heat and radiance of Bhairavi is called Tejas. Tejas burns away illusions and the limitations of egoistic existence. As the destroyer of opposition, she is invoked for removing obstacles and for protection from black magic and evil eye. Bhairavi controls the Lagna (Ascendant) in one’s Vedic birth chart.
6. Chinnamasta – Depicted as the most horrific of the ten forms, Chinnamasta is portrayed with her head decapitated from her body. This represents the egoless state. She symbolizes freedom from the limitations of the mind so that one can have access to universal consciousness. She confers the power of writing and oratory skills, which is especially required for saints, astrologers and people dealing with the occult subjects. Chinnamasta controls the effects of planet Rahu.
7.Dhumavati – ‘Dhuma’ means ‘smoke’. Dhumavati is the one made of smoke. She is represented in the form of an old widow, a symbolic representation of pure potential energy that is the Shakti without Shiva. When you connect with her, she dispels poverty, debt, quarrels, misunderstanding, and provides protection against legal actions and defamations. Dhumavati dispels all afflictions due to planet Ketu.
8. Bagalamukhi – ‘Bagala’ means a rope or a bridle, and ‘Mukhi’ means face. Bagalamukhi or Bagala is the Goddess whose face has the power to bind, stop or paralyze. Similar to Tara, she is also a Goddess of speech. Those involved in negative speech patterns cannot escape the wrath of Bagala. She provides cures from chronic diseases, success in discussions and debates, and victory in litigation, competition, and election. Bagalamukhi dispels all afflictions due to planet Mars.
9. Matangi – Mata means thought. The Goddess is associated with Mana, which is the mind. Thus Matangi is the Goddess power that enables powerful and constructive thoughts that emerge from attentive listening. She bestows talent and expertise in all forms of performing arts, specifically music and dance. She is also referred to as ‘Mantrini’, the one who gives power to all mantras, especially in their rhythmic articulation. All those who seek proficiency in all forms of knowledge, counseling and teaching should propitiate her. Matangi dispels all afflictions due to the Sun.
10. Kamalathmika – She is the tantric form of Lakshmi who bestows prosperity, abundance, beauty and well-being. As one of the 10 Great Wisdom Goddesses, Kamalathmika is a primal female energy, an independent and all-powerful deity without any association with a male counterpart. Kamala blesses us with the pursuit of pleasure, fortune, talent and fame. She also grants the gift of devotion to the Divine. Kamalathmika controls the effects of planet Venus.
|Days||10 Great Wisdom Goddess Invoked||Schedule Date||LIVE TIME in PDT | EDT | IST|
|Day 1 Evening||Goddess Kali||1st Oct 2016||LIVE on October 1, 2016 at 4:30 am PDT/7:30 am EDT/5:00 pm IST|
|Day 2 Evening||Goddess Tara||2nd Oct 2016||LIVE on October 2, 2016 at 5:30 am PDT/8:30 am EDT/6:00 pm IST|
|Day 3 Evening||Goddess Tripura Sundari||3rd Oct 2016||LIVE on October 3, 2016 at 4:30 am PDT/7:30 am EDT/5:00 pm IST|
|Day 4 Evening||Goddess Bhuvaneshwari||4th Oct 2016||LIVE on October 4, 2016 at 4:30 am PDT/7:30 am EDT/5:00 pm IST|
|Day 5 Evening||Goddess Bhairavi||5th Oct 2016||LIVE on October 5, 2016 at 4:30 am PDT/7:30 am EDT/5:00 pm IST|
|Day 6 Evening||Goddess Chinnamasta||6th Oct 2016||LIVE on October 6, 2016 at 4:30 am PDT/7:30 am EDT/5:00 pm IST|
|Day 7 Evening||Goddess Dhumavati||7th Oct 2016||LIVE on October 7, 2016 at 4:30 am PDT/7:30 am EDT/5:00 pm IST|
|Day 8 Morning||Goddess Bagalamukhi||8th Oct 2016||LIVE on Oct. 7, 2016 at 7:30 pm PDT/9:30 pm EDT | Oct. 8, 2016 at 8:00 am IST|
|Day 9 Evening||Goddess Matangi||9th Oct 2016||LIVE on October 9, 2016 at 4:30 am PDT/7:30 am EDT/5:00 pm IST|
|Day 10 Morning||Goddess Kamalathmika||10th Oct 2016||LIVE on Oct. 9, 2016 at 5:30 pm PDT/8:30 pm EDT | Oct. 10, 2016 at 6:00 am IST|
|Day 10 Evening||Nava Chandi Chanting (Devi Mahatmiyam Parayanam)||10th Oct 2016||LIVE on October 10, 2016 at 5:30 am PDT/8:30 am EDT/6:00 pm IST|
|Day 11 Morning||Nava Chandi Homa||11th Oct 2016||LIVE on Oct. 10, 2016 at 5:30 pm PDT/8:30 pm EDT | Oct. 11, 2016 at 6:00 am IST|
Nava Chandi Chanting (Devi Mahatmiyam Parayanam) is webcasted LIVE on Vijaya Dasami day (on 10th day evening), followed by Nava Chandi Homa on 11th day morning. It is performed by our highly trained Vedic specialist priests who invoke Goddess Chandi, the one who is Fierce and brings success and triumph over negativity & evil.
What Will I Receive?
You will receive the sacred grey ash powder from the homa and kum-kum (Red Vermillion Powder), which will be blessed in the rituals. Keep this on your meditation altar and wear it on your forehead during meditation or at other times to expand the Divine blessings into your life.
Dr. Pillai explains this:
The ritual is the carbonization of thoughts. Carbon is our information bearing atoms. The carbon residue (ash) given out as Prasad is to be placed on the third eye area of the participants and carries the blessings of the archetypes invoked.
Please Note: Your Prasad will be shipped from Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Please allow 2 – 4 weeks for delivery after the entire set of rituals is performed.
As mentioned in sacred texts, donating clothes to needy young girls will please the Goddesses and enable the Supreme Mother to bestow abundance in your life. The act of giving others and helping people in appropriate times has always been considered to great acts of benevolence in all religions of the world.