Vedic mantras have proven to have a definite impact on human life and it’s functioning. All these mantras are available to us in Sanskrit which is considered as the ‘perfect language’ by linguistics across the globe. Mantra comprises of a word or a series of words that develop a massive amount of positive vibrations. It helps us to transform our negative thoughts and energies into positivity. Chanting the mantras in the right way will evoke vibrations that will help you align with the higher energies.
It is not mandatory to recite a specific mantra to achieve the desired result. You can choose a mantra that best suits your requirement and fits appropriately to suit your goal. It is essential for you to believe and have faith in the mantra that you choose to recite or chant. Most commonly the chosen mantra is chanted for 108 times while meditating in a quiet place. Some of the most widely used Vedic mantras that have proven to transform the lives of individuals to a drastic positivity are briefed here.
Mantra: Om or Aum
- You can chant this mantra to enhance your divine feelings and to attain a harmonic state of mind. It reduces the negative thoughts and invokes universal consciousness. The positive vibrations experience while chanting this mantra will help you gain higher concentration; achieve self-realization and attain calmness.
Mantra: Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha
- This Ganesh mantra can remove all your obstacles providing you immense protection from the divine. If you feel that you are dumped with problems, encountering complex situations continuously then you can appease Ganesha by chanting his mantra and seeking his protection. All those who are facing heavy competition in life can take resort in this mantra as Ganesha is considered as the God of wisdom and success.
Mantra: Om Namah Shivaya
- This mantra on Shiva is called the panchakshari mantra as it is made up of 5 different syllables (na-mah-shi-vaa-ya). It is recommended to chant this mantra to wash off your sins and attain a higher state of consciousness. You can chant this mantra to gain strength and courage necessary to handle issues of life in an appropriate manner.
Tat savitur varenyam
Bhargo devasya dhimahi
Dhiyo yo nah prachodayath
- This Gayatri mantra can be called as the ultimate solution for everything. Either to attain success or to cleanse your inner self from negativity; this is the best solution. You can even reduce the adverse planetary effects on your life by chanting this mantra.
Saha nau bhunaktu
Saha veeryam karavaavahai
Tejasvi Aavadheetamastu Maa Vidvishaavahai Om
- This is the Shanti mantra which is recited for the universal good and you can invoke God to seek his blessings for protection, nourishment, strength and togetherness. This is usually recited on the first day of a new program or in organisations to maintain a friendly and healthy atmosphere.
Mantra: Lokah samastah sukhino bhavatu
- This particular mantra is chanted to bring harmony amongst all the living species; aiming only at the betterment of life as whole. It signifies that that you should not turn against each other but rather stay united.