About Kuja Dosha
Hidden Factor Behind Couple's Fight - Kuja Dosha or Manglik Dosha
In Vedic Astrology, it is called Mangal dosha, Sumangalik dosha, Angaraka dosha, Bhom dosha. Dosha means unfavorable effect or that which can cause problems. Kuja is planet Mars. Placement of planet Mars in an inauspicious manner in a natal chart results in this condition.
When planet Mars is placed in the 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th or 12th houses from the ascendant /lagna or Moon or Venus, then it is called Kuja Dosha.
Story of Kuja
- The Brahma Vaivarta Purana says that Kuja is the son of the earth.”Ku” means earth and “jha” means birth.
- He is born out of a coral, left behind in the ocean, as a token of togetherness by Lord Vishnu and Mother Earth or bhoodevi. Hence he is called Bhauma.
- He is red in color.
- Lord Subramanya/muruga is the presiding deity of this planet.
Characteristics of Planet Mars or Kuja
- Planet Mars symbolizes immense courage, energy, will power, and self confidence.
- Negatively, it causes aggression, irritation, anger, volatile temper, argument, conflict, competition, domination, violence, injury and disaster.
- The dynamic energy of this planet has to be channelized positively; otherwise it leads to adverse effects.
How to find out whether one has Kuja Dosha?
- Study of one`s chart or horoscope would reveal the placement of Planet Mars in the horoscope.
- The planet`s effect on the 7th house of Marriage is studied.
- If Mars is present in its own house or the 1st house, then the dosha does not happen.
- Position of this planet would help one know, whether one suffers from this dosha or not.
||Effects of Kuja Dosha
||Family and happiness
||Harsh speech, misunderstanding among partners.
||Childhood and its experiences
||Aggression, disturbed domestic life, frequent quarrels.
||Marriage and Partner
||Differences with spouse
||Welfare of the spouse
||Early death of spouse, accidents, problems with in-laws.
||Conjugal happiness between couples
||Animosity and distrust in marriage. Daily life becomes very difficult.
Impact of Kuja Dosha on Marriage
- Kuja Dosha is taken into consideration during the time of marriage.
- Compatibility of charts are to be studied and positioning of Mars in one`s chart is analyzed keenly for success of a marriage.
- When Mars affects the 7th house of marriage in a malefic manner, then the husband and wife have serious problems, like constant fighting and discord in family life.
- This dosha leads to an abusive marriage, in terms of verbal, physical and emotional attacks, if proper remedies are not performed in the due time
- The native would be victimized in the course of marriage, must endure hardships meted out by the spouse, and ultimately it would lead to separation, divorce for no fault of the native.
Ways to Overcome Kuja Dosha
- For a person with this dosha, it is usually advisable to enter into marriage after the age of 28, when the intensity of the dosha comes down.
- In many cases, if both partners have kuja dosha, then it is advisable to marry as it is said to negate and balance the negative energies of this planet.
- It is believed that those who had in previous lifetimes ill treated their life partners would incur this dosha. Chanting of Hanuman Chalisa is the best remedy for this dosha.
- Fasting on Tuesdays and offering prayers to Planet Mars would help reduce the intensity of the dosha.